Artist Members are juried into the organization by a review committee of current and past members of the CSP Board.
An application for artist membership requires the following.
- 10 images of recent work (within last 3 years)
- Artist Bio (500 word count maximum)
- Artist Statement (500 word count maximum)
- Image list
- Optional Technical Note (500 word count maximum)
- $35 application fee (non-refundable)
We recommend that you submit a cohesive body of similar work that demonstrates your personal vision, rather than a sampling of unrelated works.
Book artists should submit three books produce in the past three years. It is recommended that each Book project has a minimum of 3 images submitted for review. Books must include at least one original print that meets the criteria above.
In reviewing your work, we will look at the following factors:
- Whether work demonstrates a professional level of proficiency in the medium submitted
- Whether work as a whole shows a consistent, well developed artistic vision.
Applicants will be notified within 30 days of the portfolio review deadline (June 1st and December 31st.) The $35 application fee is non-refundable. There is no limit on the number of times an artist may apply for membership