CALL FOR ENTRIES
105th Annual Membership Exhibit
Piedmont Center for the Arts
September 14, 2018 - October 7, 2018
August 1: Deadline for entries on "Submittable"
September 5: All shipped work must be received .
September 5: Drop off for North Bay Printmakers. Deliver work to Barbara Foster, 940 Edwards Lane, Sebastopol,Ca 95472
September 9: 11am-1 pm drop off art works to Piedmont Center for the Arts, 801 Magnolia Avenue, Piedmont, CA 94611
September 14: Opening Reception from 6pm-9pm
October 7: Closing Reception 12pm-2pm | Artwork Pickup 2pm-4pm
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all CSP members who are current on their artist dues (Dues paid for 2018, 2017, 2016. For new members dues must be paid starting from first year of membership).
Venue: Piedmont Center for the Arts, 801 Magnolia Ave, Piedmont, CA 94611 Piedmont website: http://www.piedmontcenterforthearts.org/
Theme/Fee: There is no theme or fee.
AWARD: One artist will be selected by CSP honorary member Dan Welden to receive the Awagami Paper Award, which includes 40 sheets of Awagami paper.
Restrictions: Piedmont Gallery contract specifies: "No installation may protrude more than twelve inches (12") from any wall. The Center reserves the right to reject the hanging of any artistic work depicting nude, or semi-nude figures or subjects of an extreme macabre nature (due to the weekly use of the Hall for children’s classes)."
Entries: CSP members may enter one work.
Entries must be submitted using “Submittable” website and must include the following:
- Upload a 5” x 7” image of one work at 300 dpi
- Artwork Label Information
Dimensions of image in inches (include all 3 dimensions if 3-D)
3. Special Display Instructions (optional). Please note if work is sculptural/artist book/unframed.
4. Submit a short statement about the work. Your statement will be printed in the show binder so please proof read it carefully.
5. Submit a short bio. Your bio will be printed in the show binder so please proofread it carefully.
6. You will need to select the way that you will deliver your artwork (see “Delivery Options” below).
7. Email any questions or concerns to Joanna Kidd firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTWORK:
1. Both 2-D and 3-D works (including sculpture and artist books) are acceptable. The frame size (or total artwork size for unframed work) may not exceed 36” in any dimension. 3-D work if hung on the wall may not protrude more than 12". 3-D work not hung on the wall may not exceed size of available pedestals. (Piedmont has 3 pedestals of varying sizes: the smallest is 1.5'x 1.5' and the largest is 3' x 3'). Pedestals will be assigned based on the order that entries are received. If an artist submits a 3-D work after all pedistals have been assigned, he or she will be invited to change the submission to a wall hung piece).
2. All printmaking media, with the exception of works that are solely digital, are acceptable. Works may combine traditional printmaking techniques with digital or other media.
4. Framing: Artwork should be framed and/or displayed professionally. Wall-hung work must be able to hang with Piedmont's wire hanging system.
5. Year Created: There are no restrictions on the year artwork was completed.
• Drop off work to Piedmont Center for the Arts September 9, 11am-1pm
Address: Piedmont Center for the Arts, 801 Magnolia Avenue, Piedmont, Ca 94611
• Drop off for North Bay printmakers: Drop off work to Barbara Foster September 5 (For artists in
Address: Barbara Foster 940 Edwards Lane, Sebastopol,Ca 95472
• Ship work to Joanna Kidd 712 Elmwood Drive, Davis CA 95616. Do not require a signature upon delivery.
All shipped work must have a pre-paid UPS or FedEx return shipping label included in the box. Work must be shipped in a sturdy, reusable container. Work that does not arrive by the shipping deadline will not be included in the exhibition. Work must arrive by September 5.
Work can be submitted via submittable at: www.californiasocietyofprintmakers.submittable.com/submit